Terms & Conditions
The Contract for a short term rental shall be made between the Hirer and the The Old Threshing Barn Events owners and the contract shall be governed by UK Law.
The term Event is used to indicate any of the following, wedding reception, party, conference, seminar, workshop, reunion, retreat or other similar event.
- Duration and Times of Rental for an Event
Wedding reception hirers can use The Old Threshing Barn any time after 12 noon on the day before the event and must vacate the Corn Barn 15.00 on the day after the Event. Hirers should notify us of expected arrival time and time of deliveries to the site.All other event hirers can use The Old Threshing Barn for the times agreed when booking.
20.00: All noisy activity outside should cease and all doors and windows must be kept closed to reduce the risk of disturbance to neighbouring properties.
23.05: The Old Threshing Barn must be closed and empty.
Please take note of these times below. The latest:
22.30 – Last orders for bar closing at 22.45
22.45 – Last dance and then music must finish at 22.55
23.00 – Finish ( taxis, and departing vehicles at or before 23.00 ).Guests must leave quietly to reduce the risk of disturbance.
- Deposit and final payment
A non refundable deposit of £1000 is to be paid on booking The Old Threshing Barn payable to R A & Mrs V J Cross. The balance should be paid 4 months before the event. NB. No booking can be accepted until a Temporary Events Notice has been sought by us and agreed by the Licensing Authority.
The Old Threshing Barn Events reserves the right to cancel an Event where full payment has not been received 90 days before the Event date (please see “ Event Cancellation” below).
- Event Cancellation
If you wish to cancel the booking for any reason, more than 8 months before the booking, you should advise The Old Threshing Barn immediately by telephone or email, followed by a letter of confirmation and you will only forfeit your deposit. If the booking is cancelled less than 4 months before the booked date then we shall be entitled to retain all payments made and to recover, if not already paid, the balance of the hiring charge. We strongly advise hirers to take out Cancellation Insurance.
- Changing a Booking
The Old Threshing Barn Events is very unlikely to be able to change previously booked dates.
A refundable Damage Deposit of £250 is payable with the balance payment.We reserve the right to claim for any damage left to the property or its contents plus extra cleaning costs in the event that additional cleaning is required in excess of that associated with normal and reasonable use of the premises. We do not accept responsibility for any loss of or damage to property used in the The Old Threshing Barn such as i-pods or computers, wedding gifts and other valuables. – We suggest the appointment of one or two members of your bridal party to be responsible for presents and valuables. We cannot accept any responsibility for any of these precious items. All such items must be removed from the The Old Threshing Barn on the night of the wedding.
We are unable to accommodate pets in the barn, but we may be able to accommodate a guide dog.
- Your Safety
Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure your safety. However, it is the hirer’s responsibility ( particularly parents with young children ) to inspect the The Old Threshing Barn, play area and grounds immediately on arrival and note any possible hazards and also check the layout of The Old Threshing Barn so that in an emergency you can get out quickly and easily. Young children should be supervised at all times. The use of The Old Threshing Barn, accommodation and amenities, where offered, is entirely at the hirer’s risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, loss or damage to hirer’s or visitors belongings.
The Old Threshing Barn Events reserve the right to change any offers published at any time.
- Price Changes
We reserve the right to amend/change any prices at any time.
- Method of Payment
Payments for the hire of The Old Threshing Barn may be made by cheque or BACS, (please ask for details).
- Value Added Tax
Currently no VAT is charged. The Old Threshing Barn Events reserve the right to change this at any time.
- The Hirer’s Obligations. The Hirer agrees:
- To nominate a person to be responsible for The Old Threshing Barn and behaviour of wedding guests eg the Best Man.
- To permit the owners or their agents reasonable access to The Old Threshing Barn to carry out any urgent maintenance.
- To pay for any breakages, loss or damage to The Old Threshing Barn or its equipment before departure. To take reasonable and proper care of the property and leave it in a reasonably clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period, removing any flowers, waste, signs, and any of their own decorations they want to keep. The Hirer is responsible for any additional cleaning costs incurred over and above that which is considered normal.
- Not to sublet or share The Old Threshing Barn except with persons nominated when booking. The maximum number of guests allowed in The Old Threshing Barn is 65 seated or 75 standing and must not be exceeded. (Owners reserve the right to terminate the hire without notice and without refund in case of breach of this condition ). You cannot significantly change the composition of your party/event during your occupation of The Old Threshing Barn. If you do any of these things, then we can refuse to handover The Old Threshing Barn to you, or can repossess it. If we do so, this will be treated as a cancellation by you. In these situations no refund of any monies you have paid in respect of your booking will be made and we will have no liability to you as a result of this situation arising ( including for example any costs or expenses you incur due to not being able to hold your event, such as your incurring the cost of securing an alternative property or the payment of compensation to you).We will not be obliged to find any alternative accommodation for you. That any individuals, entertainers or such people engaged by the Hirer shall be agreed by the owner and shall have their own public liability insurance. Any electrical equipment they use shall be PAT tested and have a PAT test certificate. Smoke/misting machines are not allowed in The Old Threshing Barn (they can compromise the fire safety system ).
- That you seek agreement from us for any decorations used in The Old Threshing Barn. No decorations must cause a fire risk. No nails, staples or other permanent fixings can be used. Please ask advice.
- That you do not use any candles or naked flames in The Old Threshing Barn (we can supply realistic battery tea lights) or fireworks or sky lanterns on the farm or in the surrounding area. Smoking is prohibited in The Old Threshing Barn, accommodation and outside on the east side of The Old Threshing Barn (smoking should be confined to the bench in the courtyard reserved for this purpose).
- That you provide a responsible person to be nominated fire co-ordinator who will be briefed by the owners. This person must familiarise themselves with The Old Threshing Barn Fire Safety Emergency Plan and ensure that no doors are locked when the barn is in use. A copy of the Fire Safety Plan is to be found in the bar.
- That you nominate a responsible person to ensure the safe and responsible use of alcohol and to ensure no children are at risk from harm from alcohol.
- That you endeavour to split waste into recyclable groups eg, bottles, cans, paper etc
- That only a maximum of 24 vehicles may park at Beeson Farm, to include staying guests, caterers, entertainers and others associated with the event. That no parking will block the farm drive (access is needed at all times). Guests can leave their cars overnight at their own risk. Cars must be collected by 11.00 am the following day.
- That you enforce a strict no smoking policy in The Old Threshing Barn and accommodation and in the grounds to the east of The Old Threshing Barn.That the patio doors, platform ramp and ground to the east of The Old Threshing Barn are used only for wheelchair access, access by suppliers and as an emergency access only and on no account should these be used by your party for any other purpose.
- That all doors and windows to The Old Threshing Barn should be kept closed at all times during musical performances and this needs to be strictly enforced. (The owners reserve the right to terminate the hire without notice and without refund in case of breach of this condition)
- Should any complaint from a member of the public, local authority official or police officer be received regarding excessive noise or disturbance from the event taking place, the owner or owner’s representative reserve the right to respond in any manner they think appropriate and reasonable eg. requesting a reduction in music /sound levels or, in the worst case, the cessation of the event.
Hirers are strongly recommended to have insurance to cover cancellation and curtailment
- Non – availability of the Property
If, for any reason beyond the owner’s control, The Old Threshing Barn is not available on the date booked, all fees paid in advance will be refunded in full. The Hirer shall have no further claim against the Owner.
Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable event. If, however, you have cause for complaint, we are anxious that remedial action is taken as soon as possible. It is essential that you contact us immediately if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved. Discussion with us usually enables shortcomings to be rectified straight away. If, after this, you feel that the complaint still remains unresolved, then please notify us in writing within 7 days of the event . Please help us to help you by following this procedure. It is designed to effect the quickest possible investigation and rectification of a complaint. We cannot subsequently consider any complaints or enter into any correspondence about them unless this procedure has been followed.
The Old Threshing Barn Events, its employees and agents do not accept third party liability in respect of breach of contract, negligence, misrepresentation or otherwise.
Only acoustic musicians ( non amplified ), live bands, i-pods/mp3 players, laptops and cds may be used to provide music until 10.55 hours. DJ’s are not permitted. Conditions require us to have a decibel inhibitor set at 85 decibels. All sound equipment must be compatible with this and please ensure that your contractors operate within its limits.
Only alcohol purchased on the premises, or supplied with our consent, can be drunk in or around The Old Threshing Barn during the day of your event. Any unused table wine will be kept safe after the meal for you to take away after the event. If you ask us to provide a barrel of real ale for your event, you agree to pay for the remainder of the barrel afterwards.
You agree to pay for any alcohol, drinks, food, accommodation and any other products and services purchased for use of The Old Threshing Barn. A single tab can be run up by the Hirer who wishes to pay for all drinks but not for individual guests purchasing their own drinks from the bar during the wedding day who will need to pay by cash. Full payment must be paid by 12 noon on the day after the event by cash or online by BACS. You will be given an itemised bill of your purchases which must be paid before your departure.
- Breach of Contract
If there should be a breach of any of these conditions on the part of the Hirer or any member of the party we, as the Owner, reserve the right to re-enter The Old Threshing Barn and terminate the event letting without prejudice to the other rights and remedies of the Owner.
- Authority to Sign
The person hiring The Old Threshing Barn must be over the age of 18 and must have read and agreed to these booking conditions on behalf of their party.
- Your Rights
Your statutory rights are not affected by anything contained within these Conditions.
To indicate that you have read and agreed these Terms and Conditions please sign the Booking Form you receive on booking The Old Threshing Barn, and return the signed copy to The Old Threshing Barn Events either by email or post.